So yesterday I went to Hobby Lobby and was so excited that their wooden wall art was 50% off. The empty wall above the kids’ book shelf was driving me crazy and I knew what I wanted to do in there, I was just waiting on the right time (i.e. Someone was watching the kids…) and for us to have the money for me to get the things I needed.
Well yesterday was the day! Carley let me run to Hobby Lobby and our tax return money came in, so it was go time! I texted Chris with a picture of my buggy (that’s southern talk for shopping cart) slam full of stuff and made sure he was okay with what was about to happen. (Ha)
Our playroom is technically the foyer in our house. But with three children and 1,500 sq. feet to work with, it has to have a dual purpose. This was really the only space that would work for the kids to keep their toys, since the living room is really tight.
The table my mom got for the boys’ birthdays last year (from IKEA) works perfectly in the corner. I found Rhett sitting on it yesterday reading books…I think he likes to sit places where his two younger siblings can’t touch him or mess with him. Bless him.
Also confession time…that plant does not live there nor do the pens in the mason jars. These were for the pictures only…and were quickly cleaned up after I took them. Multicolored wainscoting and a destroyed plant are not gonna happen…today. Ha
Carley and I found this shelf at Goodwill for $13. It was a brownish color and I just painted it with a basil green paint that I had on hand (well technically I stole it from my mom…love you momma!).
I think it fits well here and the kids love being able to get their books themselves and Elliot can play with the stuff underneath it. She loves to attack that metal basket and growls at it all of the time (and no Elliot is not our dog…she’s our child. Ha).
As I mentioned earlier, I had a game plan for the wall above the shelf and I wanted to do a “truth wall.”
I love having Scripture on the walls of our home and so I wanted that area to be something we would see every day and be a reminder of what is meaningful to our family.
I found these little houses at Hobby Lobby too and I looooooooove them. Rhett has a weird obsession with them and is always attempting to stand on his chair and get them. “Maybe I can touch them?” he said this morning while smiling strangely at me (that’s what he does when he knows he’s not supposed to be doing something but he’s hoping his smile will distract me from that fact).
The truth wall consists of:
– Psalm 91:4 which was one of the Psalms we clung to when we went through everything with Eli.
– Psalm 121:1 that our friend Danyelle from Danyelle Woods Designs made for us also during that time with Eli.
– 1 Corinthians 16:14 I love this verse because in the mundane duties of life I need to remember to do them with love. Love for my Father and love for my family.
– John 13:34 again a reminder to love as Christ has loved us.
– “Enjoy the little things.” It may seem cliche and cheesy, but it’s something Chris and I are learning to do in the monotony of life.
– the chicken plate is from my sweet sister-in-law, Ashley. It is one of my favorite things!
– the “Welcome please come in” sign was cross-stitched by my Aunt Christy and given to my Granny who had it in her house for years. She passed away and it’s nice to have something to see of hers every day.
– a picture of cotton because…well I’m southern and I love the dang stuff. Ha
– an “M” that is so pretty.
– “Great things take time to grow” is a lesson the Lord is really teaching me this year. I keep seeing reminders of it everywhere so I thought it was perfect.
And that’s it! I am in love with the way it turned out, and I’m so glad to have that space finished.
If you are on Pinterest, here are some images you can pin and be sure to give me a follow here!
4 thoughts on “Farmhouse Playroom Tour”
It’s perfect! I love Hobby Lobby. I rely heavily on them for our gallery walls too!
I love the idea of a “truth wall” and yours is adorable!! Pinning to look at later for inspiration. ❤ Now I want to go to Hobby Lobby haha 🙂
Love this! What color paint is on the walls? Thanks!
I actually don’t know the name, because it was here when we moved it! I’m trying to figure out the color though!